Joomla, Drupal, Magento and other open source CMSs are just as powerful as WordPress, so why pick WordPress over all of them?
Why use a CMS in the first place:
- Speedy development – build a power and professional looking website in under an hour with the use of pre-coded Themes and the in built coding of the CMS itself.
- Easy to use – No need to understand any code like HTML, CSS or PHP to start with when creating your website.
- Great Potential – Plugins, or extensions give CMSs powerful functionality and are easy to integrate.
- Ease of maintaining – Most maintenance work involve updating the CMS, themes and/or plugins with just a click of a button.
So why WordPress?
- Easy to use – If you can use Microsoft Office, you can probably begin using WordPress with minimal training!
- Saves you money – WordPress is 100% free and open-source. To buy a custom CMS could cost thousands.
- Flexible functionality – Many plugins are free and even the premium plugins cost very little. Plugins can add functionality like eCommerce. mambership, SEO, etc.
- Quality themes – A great collection of beautiful free and premium themes available on the web.
- SEO-friendly – Search engines love WordPress.
- Amazing community – It’s always easy to find answers to questions you may have thanks to WordPress’s large community of developers and enthusiasts.
So why use anything else?